Re: Counting SLOC in Emacs

From: Marcin Borkowski
Subject: Re: Counting SLOC in Emacs
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2014 15:05:03 +0100

On 2014-12-03, at 02:14, Leo Liu <sdl.web@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 2014-12-02 09:35 -0500, Ted Zlatanov wrote:
>> This is useful.
>>
>> Could we have this added to `count-lines-region' with an optional
>> parameter, or provided by `prog-mode' specifically? It even merits a
>> modeline indicator that users can enable, I think.
>>
>> Ted
>
> I had such need last year but only used it a few days and then totally
> forgotten (never needed again). The code is still here
> https://github.com/leoliu/sloc.el/blob/master/sloc.el

Hi,

I finally had some time to look into the code.  Could you tell me why
this?

      (unless (looking-at-p "^\\s-*$")

(line 46 in sloc.el)?  If I get it correctly, it ignores blank lines
/ending in any number of hyphens/ (possibly zero).  Why?

Also, this

    (let ((beg (min beg end))
          (end (max beg end))

is probably not necessary, or do I miss something?

> Leo

Best,

--
Marcin Borkowski