Re: Boldface typing

From: Marcin Borkowski
Subject: Re: Boldface typing
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2014 17:41:35 +0100

On 2014-12-31, at 17:31, twlllmxxx <dogbreath@twilliam.org> wrote:

> Thank you, pjb, that's very helpful.  I just started with emacs.

Welcome.  And don't get discouraged, neither by some heated discussions
(like the one you seemingly started;-) - yes, Rusi and me do disagree,
but we both try not to be rude/offensive/whatever, nor by the
notoriously steep Emacs learning curve.  (I've been using Emacs for some
15 years, and only recently started thinking of myself as of an
intermediate user, not a novice...)

If I may give you any advice (though advising is a dangerous business,
both within Emacs and outside it), reading the Emacs manual (or at least
large parts of it) is a good idea; it is a very good manual, even if it
has its dark corners.  If you don't have time for that, check Mickey
Petersen's "Mastering Emacs" articles and Sacha Chua's sketchnotes about
Emacs.

Best, and again: welcome to the best text editor in the world!

--
Marcin Borkowski
Adam Mickiewicz University