Info.plist extension editing

From: PJ Est
Subject: Info.plist extension editing
Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2015 14:09:56 -0500

I've added the following dictionary key to the CFBundleDocumentTypes key of the
Emacs Info.plist:
        <string>Julia.icns</string>
                <key>CFBundleTypeRole</key>
-rw-r--r--@ ..... Info.plist
and I've added a Julia.icns file to the Content/Resources file in the Emacs.app
folder.
However, when I save a .jl file in Emacs, I do not get the proper Name
identifier or icon in Finder.
OS: 10.10.1Emacs: 24.4.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin13.4.0, NS apple-appkit-1265.21)
Any help appreciated!