Icicles stealing keybindings

From: Marcin Borkowski
Subject: Icicles stealing keybindings
Date: Sat, 03 Jan 2015 02:10:27 +0100

OK,

so I'm learning Icicles, and I like it quite a bit.  I have one problem,
however: it steals *lots* of keybindings I'm accustomed to.  Of course,
if Org-mode uses C-c ', it's Org-mode's fault (AFAIK, newer versions of
Org change some of the keybindings, but I'm not sure exactly), since
(AFAIK, again) it is reserved for minor modes.  What got me a bit angry,
after finally installing Emacs 25, is that Icicles steals C-x SPC.

Now obviously I'm aware that you can change all keybindings, including
Icicles' ones; I'm just curious what are people's practices.  Does
anyone more experienced than me have some reasonable solution of the
conflicting keys problem, so that I don't have to reinvent the wheel?

(Also, now that I use Icicles, I do not understand why would anyone use
Ido.  But that's another story.)

TIA,

--
Marcin Borkowski