Re: How to build the C language environment in Emacs?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: How to build the C language environment in Emacs?
Date: Sat, 03 Jan 2015 13:10:47 +0200

> Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2015 13:34:59 +0900 (KST)
> From: Liu Shengyu<suzylau@kaist.ac.kr>
>
> 1.    I have been installed MinGW in my computer, and I have been checked in
> MSDOS, and also have been set envionment variables in PATH.
> But I still can't compile C file.
> Emacs tells that gcc is not a internal or external command.
> I think maybe I need to write some commands in ~.emacs to combine GCC and
> Emacs, but i don't know to do it.

Can you compile from the cmd window?  If you cannot, then your MinGW
installation is broken, and this is not an Emacs problem.  You need to
fix that first.

If you can compile from the cmd window, but not from Emacs, then your
PATH and the list of directories where Emacs looks for programs are
different.  To make them identical, do NOT change PATH from the cmd
window, but instead from the Computer Properties, in the Advanced
section.