Re: (require ...) and file dependencies.

From: Oleksandr Gavenko
Subject: Re: (require ...) and file dependencies.
Date: Sat, 03 Jan 2015 16:51:06 +0200

On 2015-01-03, Emanuel Berg wrote:

> Dmitry Gutov <dgutov@yandex.ru> writes:
>
>>> Seems that proper way to fix issue is by
>>> rearranging dependency hierarchy by breaking
>>> dependency cycles, isn't?
>>
>> That would be even better, of course.
>
> And more pleasant and rewarding to do, as well. Just
> go with the flow, man :)

I fix compilation warnings and errors in wesnoth-mode.

It have wesnoth-mode.el and wesnoth-update.el (for generating validation
schema and context sensitive completion). wesnoth-update.el uses some core
parsing function from wesnoth-mode.el and author define key binding to
wesnoth-update.el from wesnoth-mode.el...

To fix issues large parts of code must migrate between files and DVCS
blame/annotate history was lost in refactoring.

That limitation I hate in VCS. So you have to store detailed copy/paste info
in commit message or intensively grep and "DVCS update -r rev" to figure out
original place of defun to get know who/when and what fixes done with that
defun.

--
Best regards!