Is there a way to know when new email arrived using mu4e-index-updated-h

From: Hugo M
Subject: Is there a way to know when new email arrived using mu4e-index-updated-hook?
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2015 10:13:36 -0800 (PST)

I have this:

(defun ham-email-arrived-notif ()
  (notifications-notify
    :title "Emails actualizados, m'hijo"
    :body "Quizás tengas un email"
 ;;   :app-icon "~/.emacs.d/icons/mail.png"
    :urgency 'low)
)
(add-hook 'mu4e-index-updated-hook #'ham-email-arrived-notif)

But it always alerts me when index is updated, even if I have no new email
(yes, I noticed the hook's name).

Is there a way to check if there's any unread email in the mu4e index? (or to
ask mu4e to retrieve all emails with "unread" flag)

Thanks!