Re: Redefine the `special-mode-map'

From: Alexander Shukaev
Subject: Re: Redefine the `special-mode-map'
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2015 15:53:29 +0100

> But do not set `special-mode-map' to another value.

​
Why not? Could you expand? Previously I've been doing the same with other
keymaps. For instance, I redefined the `undo-tree-map' in the same manner
and it takes effect just fine. This problem only shows up with standard
keymaps, i.e. I see the problem not only with `special-mode-map', but with
`button-buffer-map', `tabulated-list-map', and etc. What would be the
reason for that and what is the difference from `undo-tree-map'?​