Re: Possible to make Super (Windows) key be just another Meta key like E

From: Glyn Millington
Subject: Re: Possible to make Super (Windows) key be just another Meta key like ESC?
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2015 07:06:20 +0000

Chris Seberino <cseberino@gmail.com> writes:

> On Sunday, January 11, 2015 at 6:44:39 PM UTC-6, Grant Rettke wrote:
>
>> (setq w32-lwindow-modifier 'super)
>> (setq w32-rwindow-modifier 'super)
>
> Thanks!
> I just created a bare .emacs file with nothing but those
> 2 lines and it still didn't work.
>
> Am I doing something wrong!?

x-super-keysym is a variable defined in `C source code'.
Its value is meta

Documentation:
Which keys Emacs uses for the super modifier.
This should be one of the symbols `alt', `hyper', `meta', `super'.
For example, `super' means use the Super_L and Super_R keysyms.  The
default is nil, which is the same as `super'.

So this should work:

 (setq x-super-keysym 'meta)

Good luck :-)

Glyn