Re: My humble additions to AUCTeX

From: Artur Malabarba
Subject: Re: My humble additions to AUCTeX
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2015 14:32:05 -0200

>Yet another example: I'd like M-b to move to the backslash when the point
is after the comma in `foo\,'.  Normally, both (backward-word) and
(forward-symbol -1) travel all the way to the `f'.

This is the problem I had as well, when trying to add superword mode to
AucTex. This is ultimately a limitation of emacs syntax table. AFAIK,
there's no way to define \foo as a symbol while keeping \foo\foo as two
separate symbols. That is, the backslash is a symbol boundary, but not a
symbol constituent.

It's perfectly possible to manually write a mode that fixes this behaviour
for the purpose of M-f and M-b, of course. And I think that would be a
worthy addition to AucTex.