Re: html image rendering not working Win Emacs 24.4 (eww and gnus)

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: html image rendering not working Win Emacs 24.4 (eww and gnus)
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2015 19:42:05 +0200

> From: Sivaram Neelakantan <nsivaram.net@gmail.com>
> Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2015 22:21:36 +0530
>
> Second, the ezwinport gnutls DLLs don't seem to work when I launched
>  Gnus(it complained of 256 bits and certificate errors of some sort).

That doesn't really mean "don't seem to work".  It could be some real
problem (assuming your gnutls DLL is the latest one).  This works for
everyone else, including in Gnus.

>  I simply renamed them and I think cygwin gnutls is handling it now as
>  gnus downloads rss and mails without any issues again.

That's hardly a good solution, because you now use gnutls via its
external gnutls-cli program, which relies on signals for its
communications with Emacs.  This only works when your Emacs is a
Cygwin build, otherwise you might see Emacs hang in TLS connections.

> I probably have to remove the exec-path and getenv PATH cruft from my
> .Emacs to reduce future errors

Indeed, that's a good idea.