Re: emacs hangs with too much unicode?

From: Alexis
Subject: Re: emacs hangs with too much unicode?
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2015 15:34:20 +1100

Rusi writes:

> Take a file like this
> https://github.com/rrthomas/pointless-xcompose
>
> [Actual raw file
> https://raw.githubusercontent.com/rrthomas/pointless-xcompose/master/xcompose
> ]
>
> Edit it in emacs [24.4.1] on linux [debian-jessie-XFCE]
> Move around a bit
> At some point emacs just hangs - shows hourglass
> C-G and it comes back
> But hangs again when I move point around.
>
> Yes I started with emacs -Q

i just tried this on my system - manually compiled 24.4.1 on Debian
Wheezy x86_64, running under i3. Even without -Q, i had no problems
using the down arrow to manually get to the bottom of the file, then the
up arrow to go back up to the top, and occasionally using the left- and
right-arrows to move around at various points during the process.

Alexis.