Disappearing text window in Emacs

From: Jan Graffelman
Subject: Disappearing text window in Emacs
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2015 16:51:01 +0100

Hi,

I run Emacs 24.4 under windows 7, in combination with ESS 14.09, Auctex 11.88.

Occasionally Emac's edit window goes blank. A horizontal line appears in the Icon bar. Emacs status line also disappears.

I can solve the problem by pressing <PageUp> followed by <PageDown>, then the edit window is restored.

By moving the mouse over the status line, I can restore the latter.

Till after a while, the problem repeats.

I found no solution in the FAQ. Any suggestions are welcome.

Jan.

--
Jan Graffelman
Dpt. of Statistics and Operations Research