Re: url-retrieve-synchronously results differ from curl

From: Artur Malabarba
Subject: Re: url-retrieve-synchronously results differ from curl
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2015 23:14:56 -0200

> Binding url-request-method to ”POST” rather than ”post” seems to fix
> the issues en masse. This has not undergone proper testing, but it
> definitely seems to work [1].

I'd just like to confirm (now that I've done a bit more testing) that
this does indeed fix the issue. So thanks again to Thien-Thi for
suggesting that.

I'll see if I can find out where this happens in url.el. If not, I'll
just file a bug report. IMHO, the package should either support both
versions indiscriminately, or warn the user if they use the wrong
version. Even better (as Sean suggests) would be to support and
encourage the use of symbols.