Re: Advice on troubleshooting function to "unscroll"

From: Marcin Borkowski
Subject: Re: Advice on troubleshooting function to "unscroll"
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2015 22:45:03 +0100

On 2015-01-25, at 21:52, Will Monroe <wtmonroe.ls@gmail.com> wrote:

> The test was just opening a lengthy file, usually an info page or an
> existing org-mode file, pressing C-v a few times, and then using M-x
> unscroll.  In all cases, I found that M-x unscroll would return to the
> position just before the last C-v but not to the original position.  In
> other words, if I pressed C-v two times and then pressed M-x unscroll,
> in would only go back one C-v.  My intent, and that of the example in
> the book, is to return the point the position before any C-v key
> sequences were pressed.

One more thing: it might be the case that C-v was bound to scroll-up in
Glickstein times, but it is bound to scroll-up-command (which see) now.
Try to change (eq last-command 'scroll-up) to (eq last-command
'scroll-up-command).  (I did not test it, just an idea.)

PS. Another nice way to learn Elisp is to study Emacs sources.  I'm
about 10% into simple.el, learned quite a bit, and as an additional
bonus found two or three bugs (I haven't reported them yet, but I'll do
it soon).  Beware that not everyone would recommend learning good
practices or style from some of those sources, though.

Hth,

--
Marcin Borkowski
Adam Mickiewicz University