Helm: How to add empty lines?

From: Tory S. Anderson
Subject: Helm: How to add empty lines?
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2015 06:22:11 -0500

I keep running in to this fairly severe problem with Helm, particularly in
conjunction with other modes: frequently I need to just enter an empty line
(org mode: resetting an item's tags; bookmark+: ending tag input; directory
search: just open the directory, not files; the list goes on and on). But there
doesn't seem to be an obvious way to do this. Help!

Helm needs the ability to add empty entries, not just auto-filled suggestions.