Re: Easy/Possible to globally change prompt strings of messages? e.g. ch

From: Marcin Borkowski
Subject: Re: Easy/Possible to globally change prompt strings of messages? e.g. changing find-file's prompt string from "Find file:" to "open file:" ?
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2015 22:43:41 +0100

On 2015-02-02, at 00:18, Christian Seberino <cseberino@gmail.com> wrote:

> OK.  Thanks everyone for your help.  I think I'll just get used to "Find
> file" for now. :)

For now.  Yeah, sure.

And in five years, when some Emacs newbie asks you about all those
strange terms, you'll say: "Young \(wo\)?man, forget about the newspeak
of opening files in panes, using tabs, cutting and pasting, moving the
cursor and pressing Ctrl+F.  Instead, embrace the ancient wisdom of
visiting files in windows, using buffers, killing and yanking, moving
the point and pressing C-s."

Welcome to the rabbit hole.

> cs

Best,

--
Marcin Borkowski               This email was proudly sent
http://mbork.pl                from my Emacs.