Bookmark Plus: Bookmarking "locate"d files

From: Tory S. Anderson
Subject: Bookmark Plus: Bookmarking "locate"d files
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2015 16:07:41 -0500

I follow a regular process in my note-taking and can create a locate command
that returns a complete list of my note org files within a portion of my
directory heirarchy. I had hoped the results of (locate) would count as an
occur/compilation buffer; it even partially works as a dired buffer. But
whenever I try the dired bookmark command after marking the results, I am told
the command is only available in dired or dired-derived modes (which, I was
sure, the results of locate were).

In following http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/BookmarkPlus#toc33, How can I
bookmark such a list of files? Is it a bug that I cannot do it from the
"locate" buffer?