Re: gnus gnubie

From: Robert Thorpe
Subject: Re: gnus gnubie
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2015 00:03:26 +0000

Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <lmi@gnus.org> writes:

> btraven <btraven@nihilo.net> writes:
>
>> Now I find that I also need gnutls (.exe files and .dll) by Eli and
>> the accompanying cacert.pem so that I can connect to my isp via
>> webmail.. Do all of these go in the same subdir with emacs.exe,
>> emacsclientw.exe and the rest? Where does the cacert.pem go?
>
> Sorry; don't know anything about Emacs on Windows.  Hasn't anybody
> packaged up a version of Emacs with all the required libraries for
> Windows yet?

Vincent Goulet has made one:
http://vgoulet.act.ulaval.ca/en/emacs/windows/

I haven't used it though.

I used the GNU release and the EzWinPorts stuff.

A few other things are needed to get it working perfectly, such as
the compression programs from Mingw (or equivalent), InfoZip and
GSWin32.

Goulet's release seems to deal with the image libraries but not the
compression programs.

BR,
Robert Thorpe