Re: Anyone have flyspell + autocorrect working?

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Anyone have flyspell + autocorrect working?
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2015 01:12:49 +0100

torys.anderson@gmail.com (Tory S. Anderson) writes:

> I find that trying to have both flyspell and
> autocorrect-ispell working in the same buffer
> results in unusably slow autocorrect behavior; if I
> start a word, it takes up to 5 second for a
> suggestion to appear. I am using the hunspell
> dictionary for both. Upon disabling flyspell,
> ac-ispell works fine. Anyone have these two working
> in tandem? How did you do it?

No, but on-the-fly spellcheck is a dubious idea to
begin with, at least with the dictionaries I've seen.
I have the iamerican-insane for ispell but it seems
"insane" is meant literally because that's what you
get if you would use it on-the-fly as there are so
many words, acronyms, "fun" spellings, etc. missing.
It is very annoying to have your flow of
typing/thoughts stop and reset all the time,
especially if the word that did it isn't even
incorrectly spelled or actually that unusual at all!
But even for sensible catches it is much better to
just type and think, type and think, and when done,
*then* spellcheck, once.

--
underground experts united