Re: Anyone have flyspell + autocorrect working?

From: Robert Thorpe
Subject: Re: Anyone have flyspell + autocorrect working?
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2015 03:31:30 +0000

> ispell stuff. If so, I have the biggest (?) dictionary
> in the Debian repositories, which is
> 'iamerican-insane'. The "insane" part refers to its
> size. But actually it is quite sane, to the point of
> finding numerous "errors" all but every time I
> spellcheck, errors which aren't errors but simply
> words missing in the dictionary.

I use Aspell with the British dictionary.  I have the same problem.  For
normal communications it has enough words for me, but for anything
technical I get many spurious spelling errors.

In some ways using a personal dictionary doesn't help because
terminology in one message may be typos in another.  I've been too lazy
to find a way to solve this problem so far, but it's on my list.

BR,
Robert Thorpe