Setting ac-sources

From: Florian Lindner
Subject: Setting ac-sources
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2015 10:35:29 +0100

Hello,

I set my ac-sources of auto-complete like that

(add-hook 'c-mode-common-hook (lambda()
   (setq ac-sources '(ac-source-semantic ac-source-yasnippet))))

Now I open a cpp file and look at the variable ac-sources which has the
value:

(ac-source-yasnippet ac-source-gtags ac-source-semantic ac-source-yasnippet)

Why not just (ac-source-semantic ac-source-yasnippet)? It seems the setq
appended instead of setting the list?

I'm a elisp newbie and hope for an explanation.

Thanks,
Florian