Re: project-management

From: Yuri Khan
Subject: Re: project-management
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2015 09:09:13 +0700

On Wed, Feb 18, 2015 at 12:35 AM, Sharon Kimble
<boudiccas@skimble.plus.com> wrote:
>> On Tuesday, 17 February 2015 05:54:40 UTC, Sharon Kimble  wrote:
>>> I'm writing several ebooks at present, and also maintain the
>>> documentation of a couple of projects, all done in latex. I'm now
>>> finding a problem in "project management".
>>
>> But the big thing for your particular use case, assuming you haven't
>> already seen it, is org-mode[2].
>>
> Thanks, but org-mode doesn't give me the fine control that I get
> with latex. I've tried writing an ebook with org-mode, and I just
> ended up feeling very restricted. Only writing it direct into latex
> fulfils my needs and gives me the ability to fine-tune the output to
> give exceedingly good pdf's.

Please be aware that ebooks mean much more than pdfs, even if they are
fine-tuned to be exceedingly good. Many readers will prefer formats
that are readable in any font of any size, any color on any
background, in a viewport of arbitrary width, not locked into
\documentclass[10pt,a4paper]{book}.