Re: Automatic flyspell

From: Robert Thorpe
Subject: Re: Automatic flyspell
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2015 21:05:42 +0000

> Robert Thorpe <rt@robertthorpeconsulting.com> writes:
>
>> The best solution is to use hooks as Emanuel
>> suggested: (add-hook 'text-mode-hook
>> 'turn-on-flyspell-prog) (add-hook 'prog-mode-hook
>> 'flyspell-prog-mode)
>
> Leaving aside the issue "should programming be
> spelled?"

Flyspell-prog-mode is supposed to check only comments and strings.  I
tried it in C mode just before writing my previous post and it seemed to
only check the strings.

> there is also the natural way to do this on
> a mode basis.

I agree.  All of my own customizations are written that way.  I don't
touch the settings for a particular mode until I start using and find
out what I want to change.

In the post you quote though I was giving advice to someone who said
they wanted flyspell everywhere.

BR,
Robert Thorpe