Re: How to reload an updated library?

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: How to reload an updated library?
Date: Mon, 02 Mar 2015 00:44:05 +0100

torys.anderson@gmail.com (Tory S. Anderson) writes:

> In this case, I'm talking about the Helm package. I
> follow it on git and sometimes will `git pull` to
> update it, then can make it. But the only way I know
> to implement the new changes in emacs is to restart
> emacs. I tried evaluate-buffer on one of the main
> library files, but it didn't seem to do the trick.
> Restarting emacs is a pain if I have many ongoing
> projects; how can I implement the updates to the
> package without restarting emacs?

With "library", do you mean something more advanced
than just an Elisp (.el) file which is usually what is
meant?

Such are loaded with <drumroll> `load' - either
`load-file' (input the library file) or `load-library'
(ditto name). With `load-library' you will get the
.elc compiled version rather than the .el source if
both are available.

--
underground experts united