Re: ps-print cuts off footers

From: Robert Thorpe
Subject: Re: ps-print cuts off footers
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2015 21:46:12 +0000

Rodolfo Medina <rodolfo.medina@gmail.com> writes:

> [1:text/plain Hide]
>
> Rodolfo Medina <rodolfo.medina@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Rodolfo Medina wrote:
>>
>>> I've been forming, for years, ps files from Emacs with `M-x
>>> pr-ps-buffer-preview' and `M-x pr-ps-buffer-print' without problems.  But
>>> now, in my brand new Debian system, when I do that, the page numbers in the
>>> ps file are half cut off.
>>
>> I have Emacs 25.0.50.1 downloaded and built from git repositories.

It could be that you have contradictory paper-size variables.

I ran into a similar problem with the utility "ps2pdf" the other day.
The postscript file I'd generated was in A4 but ps2pdf turned it into a
US-letter size pdf.  The solution in that case was to add the switch
-sPAPERSIZE=a4.

What I'd suggest is:
* Try writing a PS file out using C-u M-x pr-ps-buffer-print.
* Check that the file is the paper size you expect.  Try a couple of
viewers.
* Try using C-u M-x ps-print-buffer instead.

If not the paper sizes are wrong then that could be a system setup
issue.  You can probably fix it by adding a switch somewhere or
redefining and environmental variable, though I don't know which one.

BR,
Rob