Re: rectangle-select with mouse / difficulties

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: rectangle-select with mouse / difficulties
Date: Wed, 04 Mar 2015 21:09:28 +0200

> Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2015 09:41:18 -0800 (PST)
> From: Helmut Jarausch <hjarausch@gmail.com>
>
> I'd like to use <shift> drag (left mouse button) to do a rectangular
> selection.
>
> But when I press the left mouse button together with <shift> I get a pop-up
> menu
> with options like Change Buffer Font or Increase Buffer Text Size.
>
> How can I use <drag> drag for rectangular selection?

The easiest way is to use a different combination, like
C-S-drag-mouse-1.

Another easy way is to remove the S-mouse-1 key binding.

If you don't want to do either of those two, you will have to rebind
S-mouse-1 to your function that either invokes the pop-up menu or does
the rectangular selection, depending on whether it gets a click or a
drag event.