Re: <Multi_key> does not work anymore

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: <Multi_key> does not work anymore
Date: Fri, 06 Mar 2015 01:02:03 +0100

Cecil Westerhof <Cecil@decebal.nl> writes:

>> In my .xmodmap I have: keycode 135 = Multi_key With
>> this I could always use the menu-key followed by
>> two spaces to get a non-break space. In other
>> programs it still works like this, but in Emacs I
>> get now: <Multi_key> is undefined What is happening
>> here?
>
> The interesting bid is that in Emacs with root it
> still works.

Did you modify the keymap for the root user as well?

If Emacs says "<Multi_key> is undefined" then it
should be easy enough to solve this, just define
(bind) it to do whatever you want. If you want it to
be a key sequence probably you need to make it a
"prefix key" as well, as in:

    ; step 1 - name
    (define-prefix-command    'C-o-prefix)

    ; step 2 - bind
    (global-set-key "\C-o"    'C-o-prefix)

    ; step 3 - normal usage as you would any key
    (global-set-key "\C-\M-j" 'scroll-left-1)
    ; ...

--
underground experts united