Re: <Multi_key> does not work anymore

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: <Multi_key> does not work anymore
Date: Sat, 07 Mar 2015 16:56:15 +0100

Cecil Westerhof <Cecil@decebal.nl> writes:

>> If Emacs says "<Multi_key> is undefined" then it
>> should be easy enough to solve this, just define
>> (bind) it to do whatever you want. If you want it
>> to be a key sequence probably you need to make it a
>> "prefix key" as well, as in: ; step 1 - name
>> (define-prefix-command 'C-o-prefix) ; step 2 - bind
>> (global-set-key "\C-o" 'C-o-prefix) ; step 3 -
>> normal usage as you would any key (global-set-key
>> "\C-\M-j" 'scroll-left-1) ; ...
>
> It has nothing to do with Emacs: it is done with
> xmodmap, so it is an X binding not an Emacs binding.
> This is something I defined years ago (globally, so
> for normal user and root user) and always worked. I
> did not change anything in .xnodmap or in .emacs. So
> this should not be happening, but it is.

If you press a key and Emacs says it is undefined that
means Emacs recognizes a key has been pressed and it
recognizes the key. That key sounds like it has a
special purpose in X, so you might still run into
problems, but why not just try bind it to whatever
functionality you wish for it?

--
underground experts united