Re: Emacs Slowdown

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Emacs Slowdown
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2015 08:36:17 -0400

> Slight worried that one of my own packages is in the list although, it's
> does not appear to be called often.  To my knowledge I didn't actually
> drag-region during this period, so am confused about this.

The down part of a single mouse-click calls mouse-drag-region (because
at that point we don't know yet whether you're about to drag or just to
click).

I don't see any tell-tale problem in the Elisp profile.

> This Emacs hung eventually and had to be xkill'd.

Ah, then a C-level backtrace might be helpful.  I.e. instead of killing
the beast, attach to it with GDB.

        Stefan