Re: Placing " at beginning and end of line?

From: Nicolas Richard
Subject: Re: Placing " at beginning and end of line?
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2015 16:12:18 +0100

Sharon Kimble <boudiccas@skimble.plus.com> writes:

> How can I place " at the beginning of a line, and " at the end of a
> line, in a highlighted region please? This is a block of 10+ lines,
> and I need quotes from the beginning and end of each line.
>
> I have a block of text, which is a latex preamble, as part of an org-mode
> init file, which is tangled and creates my "init.el".

Another way is: C-M-% ^\|$ RET " RET
(i.e. replace all beginning of line and all end of line by a
double-quote character)

Yet another way would be using magnars' multiple-cursors-mode (available
from your favourite ELPA repository) : M-x mc/edit-lines (I have it bound to
"C-c e"), then do: " C-e " RET.

The added advantage of this solution is that it makes you feel extremely
powerful...

HTH,

--
Nicolas