Emacs does not know state of my abbrevs

From: Guido Van Hoecke
Subject: Emacs does not know state of my abbrevs
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2015 13:54:07 +0100

Hi,

After I M-x (edit-abbrevs) followed by my desired changes, I do
M-x (abbrev-edit-save-buffer) which saves my abbrevs in my
/Users/guivho/emacs-guivho/abbref-devs.

If I then quit Emacs, it asks:
"Save abbrevs in /Users/guivho/emacs-guivho/abbref-devs (y or n)"

I have not defined nor changed any abbrevs since the previously
described (abbrev-edit-save-buffer), so why does it insist upon
bothering me with a question that is totaly irrelevant?

There must be some setting to control this behavior, but I fail to
discover it.

Any suggestions?

TIA,

Guido