RE: if vs. when vs. and: style question

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: if vs. when vs. and: style question
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2015 13:31:22 -0700 (PDT)

> > Maybe so.  But if you use the euro character a *lot*, for example,
> > then you might just consider assigning it a key.  Rather than using
> > `C-x 8 RET euro sign RET' each time to insert it.
>
> Hey!  I did that!
>
> If only I could remember what key I assigned to it!  It's one of the
> keys left free by the greek alphabet, I know it's somewhere…

See the 11th word I wrote.  If you insert that character a *lot*
then (a) you will likely assign it to a quick key and (b) you will
likely remember it.

You remember which key inserts `$', don't you?  If you look at the
keyboard to find `$' *each time* then you can perhaps consider
marking your keyboard with a little `€' for the euro too - meme
combat.

And if the name of the command that inserts it is `euro-insert'
then you can perhaps fall back to `M-x eu TAB RET'.

(Yeah, in the case of the euro sign, `M-x eu TAB RET' is not
a lot better than `C-x 8 RET euro SPC SPC RET'.  But in the
case of GREEK SMALL LETTER EPSILON WITH OXIA it might help
to have a dedicated key, should you happen to use that a lot.)