Re: if vs. when vs. and: style question now Unicode

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: if vs. when vs. and: style question now Unicode
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2015 18:55:46 +0100

Rusi <rustompmody@gmail.com> writes:

> Greek was given as an example

Greek, Russian, etc. is good for
"non-computer computer use", for example when you
write a mail to your mother asking her to send more
money because you lost them on a horse race, after
which you had to pay the doctor to put your body
back together.

No one, not even the Greeks or Russians themselves,
thinks it is a good idea to *program* using those
chars and languages. Just as only novice Spaniards
thinks it is a good idea to program in Spanish!

>> How am I supposed to remember how to type all
>> this stuff?
>
> You are asking a rhetorical question...

Let me ask you a serious question: What advantage can
be reached if one not only could remember all this
stuff, but actually used it as well? Why would anyone
benefit from that, and how? What problems could be
solved, and what insights derived, which cannot be
done so today, right now, with no fuss, with ASCII?

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573