Re: [Solved] RE: Differences between identical strings in Emacs lisp

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: [Solved] RE: Differences between identical strings in Emacs lisp
Date: Tue, 07 Apr 2015 20:24:50 +0200

() Jürgen Hartmann <juergen_hartmann_@hotmail.com>
() Tue, 7 Apr 2015 19:02:38 +0200

   But now [...] I know the enemy, or at least its name.

If you are referring to unibyte strings, i'd fancy a less
adversarial stance, personally.  Dealing w/ unibyte is like
asking a young child for directions in a strange town.  If
you understand the answers you receive, you may choose to be
charmed.  Otherwise, only lost and frustrated (you can still
choose to be charmed by your frustrations, i suppose -- just
look at all the DENIGRATED-TEXT-EDITOR users out there :-D).

--
  (if you're human and you know it) read my lisp: