Re: Change in list-buffers behavior in 24.4

From: Sam Varshavchik
Subject: Re: Change in list-buffers behavior in 24.4
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2015 08:43:13 -0400

martin rudalics writes:

Your explanation is correct.  The behavior is intended as a feature but
inherently breaks the behavior of `pop-to-buffer', especially when used
interactively.  I intend to fix this soonish for Emacs 25 and also post
a simple workaround you can use for Emacs 24.4.

Kindly add your observations to this thread

so we can discuss the solution there.

I couldn't find an obvious way to contribute to the thread.

Anyway, I tried adding Eli's suggestions to ~/.emacs; this didn't seem to make any difference, even if I temporarily remove everything else from there.