Re: How to quit/kill a paradox buffer?

From: Sharon Kimble
Subject: Re: How to quit/kill a paradox buffer?
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2015 16:43:18 +0100

Sharon Kimble <boudiccas@skimble.plus.com> writes:

> I've discovered a problem with using paradox for package management,
> in that when I've finished downloading/installing packages, I then
> quit using "Quit" from the package menu dropdown. But, the paradox
> package is still live and shows "Paradox Menu" as its buffer
> heading.
>
> How can I quit it completely and close its buffer, please?

I've found that this function works extremely well -

#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
  (defun kill-this-buffer ()
    (interactive)
    (kill-buffer (current-buffer)))

  (bind-key "C-x C-k" 'kill-this-buffer)
#+END_SRC
[2015-04-14 Tue 05:02]

#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
  (bind-keys :map paradox-menu-mode-map
             ("q" . kill-this-buffer))
#+END_SRC

Thanks all
Sharon.
TGmeds = http://www.tgmeds.org.uk
Debian testing, fluxbox 1.3.7, emacs 24.4.1.0