Re: Customizing C Indentation

From: Rodrigo González del Cueto
Subject: Re: Customizing C Indentation
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2015 14:45:14 -0700 (PDT)

I was finally able to customize the indentation to do what I wanted. I had some
trouble with nested blocks. Apparently the basic-offset (2), kept accumulating
within each nested block, offsetting them by more than they should.

I guess my solution is far from elegant, but it works!

I set arglist-intro and arglist-close to use my edk-c-lineup-calls function.
Here is the code:

(defun indent-edk-func-call ()
  (save-excursion
    (progn
      (re-search-forward "[a-zA-Z][a-zA-Z0-9]+ *(" (c-point 'eol) 'move)
      (if (match-string 0)
          (progn
            ;;(message "Matched:(%s), (%s), (%s)" (match-string 0)
(match-string 1) (match-string 2))
            (goto-char (match-beginning 0))
            (current-column))
        nil))))

(defun edk-c-lineup-calls (langelem)
  ;; lineup stream operators
  (save-excursion
    (let* ((relpos (cdr langelem))
           (curcol (progn (goto-char relpos)
                          (current-column)))
           (indent-size (indent-edk-func-call)))
      (progn
        ;;(message "Indentation pos:(%s),(%s)" indent-size curcol)
        (if (> indent-size 0)
            (if (> curcol 2)
                (+ indent-size 2 (- curcol))
              indent-size)
          (progn
            ;;(message "+Indentation pos:(%s),(%s)" indent-size curcol)
              '+))))))