RE: Adding Package Repositories in Gnu Emacs 24.4

From: Bourgoin, Mario
Subject: RE: Adding Package Repositories in Gnu Emacs 24.4
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2015 22:42:30 +0000

Thank you for replying.

> If it doesn't "just work", please report it as a bug.

It does work, for which I'm glad. So I recommended it on melpa.org as an
alternative to that they said to do, because their approach led to me having
AUCTeX problems. But one of the melpa collaborators said that no, that doesn't
work for all Emacs bundles.

> None of those calls pays attention to package-archives, so if there's a
> problem it must be elsewhere.

My AUCTeX problem had nothing to do with package-archives, except as a solution
to my problem. Callingl package-initialize in my .emacs was very much the way I
saw the problem. (I deleted all local initializations, re-installed Vincent
Goulet's Emacs bundle, Tassilo Horn, an admin on the AUCTeX project, wrote to
me on bug-auctex that "Indeed, the auctex initializer of the elpa package uses
some hack which I actually don't understand."

--
Mario Bourgoin
Senior Data Scientist - Hopkinton