Was it once possible to expand capped print output by using ellipsis as

From: Michael Pontus
Subject: Was it once possible to expand capped print output by using ellipsis as button?
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2015 03:16:30 +0300

In case I'm not expressing myself clearly, example below should
illustrate where I'm coming from:

    (let ((print-length 2) (print-level 3))
      (pp load-history (current-buffer)))

And output from evaluating this form will look something like this:

    (("/home/michael/repos/emacs/lisp/emacs-lisp/pp.elc" pp-escape-newlines ...)
     ("/home/michael/repos/emacs/lisp/help-mode.elc"
      (require . button)
      ...)
     ...)

These ellipsis cut off the part of the node that would otherwise escape
beyond limits: print-length and print-level; as they were set above.

I have vivid memory of being able to interact with those ellipsis as
buttons, which would then expand and reveal previously invisible forms.

Please let me know that my memory does not deceive me. It's possible to
be the product of external package, but so far my searches didn't turn
up anything of this nature.

If this was in fact a feature, that was pulled out of stock emacs
I would find it very interesting to learn about the reason that forced
such decision.