Re: [solved] Re: How to uninstall Emacs?

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: [solved] Re: How to uninstall Emacs?
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2015 00:44:16 +0200

Rusi <rustompmody@gmail.com> writes:

> Nice word -- victim system.

Too negative. Experimentation system?

> One of the big lacks I find in computer users (and
> educators) is the need to change hats. There is the
> victim system hat, the valuable system hat and
> perhaps many others. We always tend to choose 'my
> most comfortable hat' not the most appropriate one.
> The most comfortable Sahara hat is unlikely to be
> the most comfortable Siberia one

Well, this discussion can go both south and east.

You should not choose the most comfortable hat, but
the most *powerful* hat, and this regardless of your
current skills in hats. In time, you will master the
most powerful hat (or actually whatever hat you
choose) and at that time it will also be the most
comfortable hat, by far.

You shouldn't adapt too much because then you'll be at
the mercy of external events and forces. They will
make the agenda, not you: if you adapt all the time by
definition your one step behind.

You should adapt but only within the frame that is
you, the frame that has proven to hold and which you
have adapted to you body and mind during hundreds of
hours. If that frame took you all the way to the spot
right in front of the Siberian tiger, to throw it away
right there is suicide - better to rely on it!

It is just like the Colosseum of paleo-Rome.
There were many weapons from which the gladiators (and
gladiatrices?) could choose from. But the most deadly
warriors had mastered just one or two. In turn, by
mastering them, they could adapt to any other warrior
using whatever weapon in front of them.

Besides, Siberia is very hot in the summer :)

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573