Re: Speck (Spell checker for Emacs)

From: Alexander Shukaev
Subject: Re: Speck (Spell checker for Emacs)
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2015 19:20:14 +0200

​It might sound weird, but here is where I've got so far.  First of all, it
was important to change

(expand-file-name "share/hunspell" ...

(expand-file-name "share/hunspell/" ...

​because in `speck-hunspell-start-process' it does a naive `concat' what
results in a wrong path to dictionary of course.

Secondly, even after that, it still reported the same error.  However, when
I `edebug-defun' the `speck-hunspell-start-process', then after exiting
debugger there are no more errors.  Even if I type `speck-mode', get into
debugger, and immediately `q' out of it, it works (i.e. no more errors) and
[en] is in green color in the mode line.  It smells like there is some sort
of concurrency issue here because when I enter debug, it's like I make
somebody to wait for something important to happen.  Accordingly, if I run
`speck-mode' without `speck-hunspell-start-process' being instrumented with
`edebug-defun', I get errors and [en] appears in another color.  So that
would be the first thing to investigate.

Lastly, when I said that it works I only meant that there are no more
errors and I see [en] in green color in the mode line, but nothing is
actually highlighted in the buffer, while clearly there are wrongly spelled
words.  When it works for you, does speck automatically highlight
misspelled words?  That would be the second thing to investigate.

Kind regards,
Alexander