Re: emacs does not record the position at which it opened a file

From: Alexis
Subject: Re: emacs does not record the position at which it opened a file
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2015 11:18:11 +1000

gnuist006@gmail.com writes:

emacs does not record the position at which it opened a file. If I move the cursor and then I say

C-u SPC, there is "no mark set in this buffer"
I am sick of C-@ as I tend to forget.

Is there any remedy like this but it does not work, I tried

(set-mark-command nil) (set-mark-command (point))

Perhaps you want `saveplace'? See the save-place-* variables for setup.

Alexis.