!? user-error: Not in a sub-editing buffer

From: Gregor Zattler
Subject: !? user-error: Not in a sub-editing buffer
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2015 11:31:38 +0200

Dear Emacs users,

since today I cannot save buffers via ^x^s but Emacs says:

„user-error: Not in a sub-editing buffer“

When I do ^x # (server-edit) in order to leave emacsclient
Emacs asks if I want to save the buffer.

This is strange since I build Emacs from sources and rgrep does
neither find „Not in a sub-editing buffer“ in Emacs sources nore
under ~/.emacs.d/

Any ideas?

This is GNU Emacs 25.0.50.6 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.14.5) of
2015-04-27 on boo
with loads of packages.

Ciao, Gregor
--