Re: Find first line FOLLOWING a sequence of matches

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: Find first line FOLLOWING a sequence of matches
Date: Fri, 01 May 2015 18:35:59 +0200

() Subhan Michael Tindall <SubhanT@familycareinc.org>
() Thu, 30 Apr 2015 21:55:59 +0000

   I need to futz with it some more, hopefully tomorrow.
   But, one issue that I'm having is that using C-w to yank word at point
doesn't cross punctuation, so I can't use c-w to grab the word at point into
the search buffer (which would be quick & easy.
   IE zipc^odes_hold
               Pt here
           C-w pulls zipcodes, not zipcodes_hold

   If there's a way I can define words to only be bounded by
   whitespace I should be able to whip up a keyboard macro for
   the rest I believe.

You can approach it from the other side.  In that buffer, try:

 M-: (modify-syntax-entry ?_ "w") RET

This changes the syntax entry for the underscore character to
"word constituent".  To examine syntax (and other) info on any
character, move point to it and type ‘C-u C-x =’.  That might be
a good idea if you want to change things back, later.  :-D

--
  (if you're human and you know it) read my lisp: