Re: (next-error) and buffer popups

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: (next-error) and buffer popups
Date: Mon, 18 May 2015 13:38:28 -0400

> They are separate displays, but that shouldn't matter here because the
> behaviour is the same even if two frames are positioned to be in the same
> monitor (or, indeed, if I only have one monitor and two frames).

It looks like it's indeed not to source of your problem.  The first
thing to check is your setting for display-buffer-reuse-frames.

The separate displays may still matter in the end, because Emacs is also
designed to work in conditions where frames are displayed in fully independent
displays located in different places (one in the office and one at
home, say), so it sometimes considers "frames in another display" as
invisible, just like iconified frames (except they can't be deiconified).

        Stefan