Re: xcscope setup

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: xcscope setup
Date: Wed, 20 May 2015 18:03:33 +0300

> Date: Wed, 20 May 2015 17:52:46 +0300
> From: Timur Aydin <ta@taydin.org>
>

> On 05/20/2015 04:23 PM, Doug Lewan wrote:
> > Do you have (require 'cscope) or (load-library "cscope") in your .emacs?
> >
> The xcscope documentation says that it isn't necessary to put "(require
> 'cscope)" into .emacs.el if cscope was installed as an ELPA package.

So that probably means you didn't install the package correctly.  A
correct installation should take care of 2 things that are necessary
for you to be able to call any function inside a package:

  . it should add the package directory to load-path
  . it should load the package, either by 'require' or by an explicit
    'load' (in the latter case, if it uses an absolute file name, it
    can avoid adding the directoy to load-path)

> If I put that into.emacs.el anyway, it issues the following error:
>
> Warning (initialization): An error occurred while loading
> `/home/ta/.emacs.el':
>
> File error: Cannot open load file, no such file or directory, cscope

Which probably means your load-path doesn't include the package's
directory.