Re: Emacs Primer: Emacs on Mac

From: Jude DaShiell
Subject: Re: Emacs Primer: Emacs on Mac
Date: Sat, 23 May 2015 10:18:11 -0400 (EDT)

aquaemacs is the emacs you use if your mac runs intel chips.  The cocoaemacs
may be what you use if your mac runs powerpc.

--

On Sat, 23 May 2015, Emanuel Berg wrote:

Vaidheeswaran C <vaidheeswaran.chinnaraju@gmail.com>
writes:

Is that the only one or are there any more?
For example, I hear about cocoa and acquamacs etc.
What are these?

When I used Mac OS X, it was called Finder, and
I didn't see any Emacs back then, but nevertheless
today I was able to use the EmacsWiki to find this
page

   http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/EmacsForMacOS

which mentions Cocoa and Aquamacs and also provides
the links

   http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/AquamacsEmacs
   http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/BuildingAquamacs
   http://aquamacs.org

and many others.

Hacking in the accursed Apple world... isn't that
a contradiction in terms?