Re: Emacs Primer: Emacs on Mac

From: Francis Belliveau
Subject: Re: Emacs Primer: Emacs on Mac
Date: Mon, 25 May 2015 21:10:09 -0400

Sorry I am a little late to this discussion.  I want to clear up a small point
regarding Cocoa.

Cocoa is the name given to the latest OSX programming API.  Its predecessor was
called Carbon.  During the transition from Carbon-based OSX 8/9 there were some
compatibility issues with some GUI applications.
Likely the references to Cocoa had to do with a claim to being fully compliant
with the latest Apple API.

Fran