Re: Sorting buffer with string-collate-lessp

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Sorting buffer with string-collate-lessp
Date: Tue, 26 May 2015 18:06:15 +0200

Rasmus <rasmus@gmx.us> writes:

>>> I don't have string-collate-lessp - where did you
>>> get it?
>>
>> Emacs-25.
>
> That was a bit short. From the news file of 25.1.
>
>     ** The new functions `string-collate-lessp' and
> `string-collate-equalp' preserve the collation order
> as defined by the system's locale(1) environment.
> For the time being this is implemented for modern
> POSIX systems and for MS-Windows, for other systems
> they fall back to their counterparts `string-lessp'
> and `string-equal'.

Cool - I didn't know there was a new version.
That will be interesting to see if that breaks any of
my code. But it isn't in the Debian repos so probably
you compiled it yourself, ay?

Anyhow, that function name ends with a "p" so it is
a unary function which returns a boolean, I take it.
So why doesn't it work to do just as you suggested
with `sort-subr' with that as the third optional
argument, namely PREDICATE?

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573